Monday, October 5, 2009

Mmmmonday Again!

Tonight we had an incredible Pumpkin Soup for dinner. I would post the ingredients, but it was a "little of this, little of that, smell and add a little more of this" kind of recipe I got from my mom. I used canned pumpkin because, well, it was cheaper and we had a really really tight grocery budget this week. Basically I sauteed onions in butter (Mom also uses green peppers but I did not have any), added minced garlic, salt, pepper, and added a 15 oz. can of pumpkin when the onions were transparent. I added some chicken stock, and also some water. I also seasoned with nutmeg, ginger, cinnamon, and added a few teaspoons of sucanat. Lastly I added in some rosemary. I let it heat through and start to boil. Then I added some of our tasty whole real milk, and heated it through again. This time I did not let it get to boiling, because the milk can curdle. Doesn't change the flavor, really, but it does change how it looks!

So that was Monday.

Tuesday: Chicken, Quinoa & Blackbeans

Wednesday: Potluck at home group (I'll be making guacamole)

Thursday: Sweet Potato Burritos

Friday: Leftovers (mmm...more burritos)

Saturday: Dinner in Warner Robins (Mom B's Birthday)

Sunday: Dinner out on the way back from Warner Robins, I imagine.



All in all, it is a pretty light cooking week for us this time around. I'm not sure what I'll do with my extra time!

Read more great menu plans at Org Junkie.

No comments:

Post a Comment