Monday, July 26, 2010

Menu Plan Monday - Writing it down

So, I have been regularly menu planning for the last several weeks, but finding the time to blog about it has been harder than I thought.  My time has instead been focused on reclaiming my house from the few months of pregnancy exhaustion.  I am not feeling too badly about neglecting the blogging world, though, because I feel like I finally got a great system in place. 

I started with the kitchen, and just committed to learning to clean as I go from here on out (I have always been the "dive in and clean up afterward" type).  All this time I thought taking the time to clean while I was doing things would take longer, and it turns out that I actually get more done in a shorter amount of time.  How taking the time to do an extra step gives me more time, I will never be able to figure out, but I am certainly glad it does.  So the idea was to just commit to maintaining the kitchen, and then the next weekend tackle a different room.  So during the week I am only really worrying about the rooms I have already overhauled, and then on the weekends I add a new area to the list.  I am only a few weeks in, but so far it seems to be working really well, and I have still had the time to relax and enjoy a bit of the evening with dh most days.

That said, I have decided it was time to get back on the menu planning wagon.

Monday - Tonight we had breakfast for dinner.  Yummy french toast (made with pastured eggs and raw milk, of course) and venison sausage, with some fresh mango on the side.  The syrup was a simple syrup I made w/sucanat (2 c. sucanat to 1 c. water), mixed with some leftover freshly mashed berries from my freezer jam experiment.  Very easy fruity syrup.

Tuesday -  Fried Chicken (dredged in pastured eggs and freshly milled whole wheat flour), garden-fresh corn on the cob, rice

Wednesday - Black beans & rice w/Chicken (in a homemade enchilada sauce)

Thursday - Beef & Barley Burgers

Friday - Leftovers

Saturday - Chicken marinated in olive oil, garlic, and fresh herbs, pasta alfredo (homemade spinach tomato alfredo sauce), steamed garden fresh green beans

Sunday - Leftovers


This post is part of Menu Plan Monday at Org Junkie.  Stop by for more great menus :)

No comments:

Post a Comment