Monday, July 27, 2009

Menu Plan Monday - July 27

Last week there was no menu planning for us. Monday was my birthday and Saturday was our anniversary, not to mention getting back from a week-long business trip; so last week was about slowly getting back into our routine.

We came back to find that some friends of ours had just welcomed their 4th child into the world (Congratulations, Rachel & Josh :-D), and of course the ladies from our church are helping to prepare meals, so that got me excited. Jeff and I tried a new recipe out this spring that quickly became a favorite, and when we shared some leftovers with Josh & Rachel they were fast fans, too. So I did not even have to think to hard about what I was going to be making. So, with Wednesday figured out (that is when we cook for them), I decided to leap into the rest of the week.

Monday:
Breakfast: Kefir Smoothie and Scrambled eggs
Lunch: salad
Dinner: spaghetti a la Jeff (I had dinner planned, but I came home and Jeff said, "Can I make dinner?" I almost never say no to that)

To Do: Mill flour for bread / soak for Tuesday, Take Black Beans out of Freezer for burritos Tuesday. Buy Avocados for Wednesday (it's hard to find ripe avocados around here that aren't already too mushy, so I buy them green a few days ahead). Hardboil Eggs.

Tuesday:
Breakfast: Kefir Smoothie / Soaked Oatmeal Breakfast
Lunch: Hard boiled eggs / fresh veggies
Dinner: Sweet Potato Burritos

To Do: Bake bread, slice cucumbers into vinegar, salt, and pepper & let it sit overnight.

Wednesday:
Breakfast: Hardboiled Eggs / Kefir Smoothie
Lunch: Cucumber Sandwhiches (improvised version: also with tomatoes and lettuce on homemade whole wheat bread)
Dinner: Barley Burgers! I use hulled barley instead of pearl (more nutrients), and I soak it prior, turns out great :)

To Do: Soak Barley wednesday morning, for lunch wednesday mix butter with dill for cucumber sandwiches

Thursday:
Breakfast: Kefir Smoothie & Hardboiled eggs
Lunch: Chicken Salad sandwiches
Dinner: Date Night (Ruen Thai - one of my favs! No MSG, too :))

To Do: Make Granola

Friday -
Breakfast: Kefir Smoothie /granola / milk
Lunch: Hardboiled eggs, salad
Dinner - Leftovers (on my own cuz Jeff's working)

To Do: Soak pancake batter for morning, soak flour for Saturday bagel making

Saturday:
Breakfast: Eggs/Pancakes
Lunch: Chicken Salad Sandwiches
Dinner: Honey Garlic Chicken, mixed veggies, multigrain dinner rolls

Sunday:
Breakfast: Kefir Smoothies / granola
Lunch: Chicken Salad Sandwiches
Dinner: Quiche, (spinach bacon mushroom?)

And that's that. Find more menu planning ideas at Org Junkie.

2 comments:

  1. I'm looking for a good chicken salad recipe. Would you mind sharing yours with me? Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gladly! Sorry for the long delay. I will have to say that I don't exactly measure anything when I make chicken salad.

    First of all, I use the meat left over when we boil a chicken to make stock. I shred the chicken with a fork, and sprinkle with sea salt, pepper, and dill. I add mayonnaise (I don't make my own yet, so I just look for whatever has the least ingredients) until it reaches my preferred consistency, and then a small dollop of mustard. I cut up 2 stalks of celery and add that, as well. If I'm making it just for me, sometimes I add some Parmesan Cheese (My husband can't have it).

    ReplyDelete