Monday, June 29, 2009

Menu Planning Monday

Today was such a Monday...Overslept for my workout with KT, plans changing up at the last minute and all. Just felt like my brain was on another planet most of the day. Tomorrow will be better. Work out & a kefir smoothie to start the day off right, then sweet potato burritos when I get home from work (I was going to make them, but my wonderful husband who is most certainly cuisinarily gifted said, "well, I have the day off. I'll make them." - yes, I did make up that word. And yes, I do love my husband).

Meal planning is always strange for us, with both of us working. I work until 7 on Thursdays and Fridays. Jeff works into the evening on the days he works, and some of those nights are nights that he and his consumers do dinner together. When I'm in the rotation for worship team, practice is the Thursday before the first and the third Sundays of the month (as well as on Sunday mornings), and that is at 7PM, right when I get off of of work. So on some nights of the week, priorities are what we can cook quickly or what is already prepared, and other nights (when it's just me for dinner) the priority is cooking something light and simple.

KEFIR SMOOTHIES - I am almost always doing kefir smoothies for breakfast. I feel so much more nourished, it is great fuel for my workouts in the morning. I'm not sure what the difference is, really. I mean a cup of kefir (give or take), one banana, and a handful of strawberries is not a lot of food, especially not by calories; but one smoothie in the morning and I snack so very much less during the work day. I try to get hard boiled eggs in when I can, too, because of the Omega 3s. Having ADD, they really help me as a part of my daily regimen to keep my focus on track (regular exercise, diet loaded w/omega 3s, caffeine when I need large amounts of focus, and sublingual B12).

OK, so the meal plan for this week.

Monday (already done, really, but this is what we had)
Breakfast: granola
Lunch: Chicken w/blueberry barbecue sauce
Dinner: Date night :) Dinner out at Gregory's at the Bus Stop

Tuesday -
Breakfast - Kefir smoothie & Hardboiled eggs
Lunch - Leftovers from Gregory's
Dinner - Sweet Potato Burritos

Wednesday -
Breakfast - Kefir Smoothies & Granola
Lunch - Chicken Salad Sandwiches on homemade bread (mmmm)
Dinner - Breakfast for Dinner (my fav) This time it's a quiche. Instead of the crescent rolls, I'll be making a whole wheat pie crust. And instead of the cheddar, I'll be using homemade mozzarella.

Thursday -
Breakfast - Granola and/or kefir smoothies and hardboiled eggs
Lunch - Chicken Salad Sandwiches
Dinner - Pizza (homemade mozz!)

Friday -
Breakfast - Kefir Smoothie / hardboiled egg
Lunch - Chicken Salad sandwiches
Dinner - Leftover sweet potato burritos

Saturday -
Breakfast - waffles & eggs
Lunch - Kefir smoothie Grilled Peanut butter and banana sandwiches
Dinner - @ Woodlands for the 4th of July :) Not sure what I can bring yet...

Sunday -
Breakfast - granola & Kefir smoothies
Lunch - Picnic out! (Portable version of California salad)
Dinner - Beef & Barley Burgers (we sub in ground turkey)

So, that's the week! I'm looking forward to it. I'm so looking forward to Friday off for Independence day. It will be good to have some time to relax, and some time to get more things done. Even though we now won't be moving for a little while, I'm hoping to try and get more things ready-to-move to make it easier when we do. Then an afternoon and evening out at a gorgeous old plantation house in Clarkesville with some friends, and a date with Jeff Sunday afternoon. To get some sun and some swim time somewhere close by. I just don't feel like it is summer without an occasional trip to the beach. Most of the "beaches" around here are sandy areas on a river that people declared to be a beach (like Rabun beach), but still...it marks it as summer for me.

You can see more MPM ideas at Organizing Junkie.

1 comment:

  1. I know just what you mean! I also snack less when I have kefir in the morning (which is every morning :-))

    ReplyDelete