Saturday, June 13, 2009

Such a long time between posts!

Gosh...it's been over a month since my last post! Terribly sorry!

There has been a lot going on these days, in every realm, it seems. First of all, Jeff and I are very excited that we may be moving into a house (from our little apartment!). There are still a few details that need to be worked out, but we hope to be moving by July 1! NOTHING IS FINAL YET, but....we hope it will be soon. It's a beautiful home, small but with incredible use of space, and it is on 3 acres of land! I'm very excited about that last part because it means (drum roll).....I can finally have my garden! We'll hopefully be getting settled in enough to do a fall garden as a start this year. What I am particularly excited about, in addition to the garden, is to finally have the room to have people over. That will be wonderful. And to finally have ROOM to do everything we have with making our laundry detergent, getting my Bee Beautiful stuff up and running for real, making cheese and yogurt, and milling and soaking flour - I am beyond ecstatic. We have definitely been trying to do "house things" in an apartment, and I am so glad for the opportunity to be able to do them in a house, finally!

Additionally, we are gearing up for a busy summer. I have a trip with work this July that's nearly a week, and Jeff is coming along for that. The trip is to Vegas and we were joking around about having Elvis renew our vows for our first anniversary (July 25...we won't be in Vegas then, but it's the week before so we figured, close enough); but it turns out that will have to remain as only a joke. Because for us already being married and for it not really being Elvis, an Elvis wedding costs WAY too much! Hopefully I'll get to see some of my extended family while I'm out there.

Also, my brother's CD, "From the Depths of the Earth, is due to be released soon, so be checking their blog for updates. You can pre-order the CD now, and the Paypal link to do so is on their blog!

Lastly, auditions for American Idol have hit Atlanta (this Tuesday-Thursday), and Jeff was really insistent that I go. In thinking about it more and more, I'm inclined to agree. Even if nothing comes of it at all, it is an opportunity that I do not want to miss simply for lack of trying. Now I just need to see if I can get the time off to do it.

Anyway, that is the current update. Please be praying for us in all that we have going on! We are very excited about the new season that we are entering.

No comments:

Post a Comment